Saturday, December 12, 2009
Visit : Alberto Seveso
Friday, December 11, 2009
NYC photographer, Joshua Scott and his partner Yee Wong put together a great new Lola inspired Movement series derived from the new Lola perfume from Marc Jacobs. The use of colors and imagery captured by Joshua Scott is truly amazing. The series was recently awarded the first place prize at the APA 2009 photo contest awards.
View the complete Lola Inspired Movement Series below.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Chocolate Turtle Cookies(makes 12-24 cookies)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans (finely chopped)
2 egg whites
24 teaspoons dulce de leche (or caramel)
24 pecan halves
1. Mix the flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl.
2. Beet the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg yolk, milk and vanilla.
4. Mix in the flour mixture.
5. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
6. Whisk the egg whites until frothy.
7. Form the dough into 1 inch balls.
8. Dip the balls in the egg white and then in the pecans.
9. Place the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet with the pecans face up.
10. Indent the center of the balls with a teaspoon.
11. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until set, about 10-12 minutes rotating the baking pan in the middle.
12. Fill each cookie with a teaspoon of dulce de leche and top with a pecan.
Yes that’s right folks, there is a Hello Kitty airway. EVA Airways, a Taiwan based airlines, was the one that wanted to pay tribute to Hello Kitty with an entire plane.
In October 2005, EVA launched a campaign together with Sanrio to create the “Hello Kitty Jet”. They painted the exterior of an Airbus A330-200 and another aircraft followed one year later, with both the interior and the exterior having the Hello Kitty motif.
Unfortunately, there are no international flights, so you must be in Taiwan to take this one trip ticket to hello kitty cuteness!